Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

{This photo has nothing whatsoever to do with this post, other than I took it on New Year's Day.
I simply don't want you to get bored with all the text below.}
Long time no blog, eh? Bet you thought I fell off the blogging train. I kind of did, but I'm back now. Refreshed and ready for another year. Every new year, I unleash my inner list-maker and end up with a staggering amount of resolutions. It could be categorized as a disease, really. 

It's like I view the new year as a chance to "live perfectly," and by doing so put such pressure on myself that I'm bound to be disappointed right out of the gate. So, a simple formula this year as I make my resolutions: Resolutions = good. Unrealistic expectations = bad. Keep that in mind. (I think I'm talking to myself here).


Anyway, here's the final list of resolutions I wrote for myself: 

1. Live in the moment. Your kids are only going to be young for a short time. Enjoy them NOW.
2. Read more. 12 books this year...that's only one per month. Start with the new ones on the bookshelf you've never gotten around to.
3. Set daily (achievable) goals. Divide your life into categories (personal, spiritual, household, kids, business) and do something in each area everyday. 
4. Try new recipes. One per week. This was really fun last year, so why not do it again? After all, it wouldn't kill you to learn to cook seafood.
5. Be confident. Stop second-guessing yourself.
6. Step away from the computer. You have a great life. Enjoy it.


So there it is. My guide to the new + improved me for 2011. I used to tell myself that I wasn't the resolution type. Who was I kidding? Even if I fail miserably, at least it's something to keep me going in the right direction. I'll embrace these resolutions as long as they last.

And if you're still with me after all that self-indulgent blathering, here's a little freebie for you. I created a meal planner to help with my goal of trying one new recipe per week. Click the link below to download yours free.

How 'bout you? Any resolutions this year?

Download my weekly meal planner here.

4 comments:

Jill GG said...

I personally love and want to embrace #1, 5, 6 - great goals! I am a big reader... I think last year I read like 30 or so books! Let me know if you want recommendations... as a parent, I feel like it's a much better way to unwind at the end of a long day than the tv (although, I LOVE to watch tv too).

Jackie said...

These are all great resolutions Christina! I especially love #3, and will work on incorporating that as well. And I was just having a convo w/my hubby on how the kids are growing up so fast and that we need to enjoy this time more before it is over. AND I want to read more, with my goal being a book every month and a half-keeping it easy so I don't disappoint myself! Ha! I mentioned to Jill we should start a book club. It would keep me more accountable and would be fun! If you are interested maybe we could get one going!

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

I also want to read more this year. Love the meal planning sheets.

Ashley said...

Christina,
I LOVE that picture. And all your pictures lately. AND your cute Christmas card. Your amazing.